Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The new household item

*drum roll*

My amazing husband bought us a new couch! *grins excitedly* When we first got married a friend of ours gave us her little couch cause she was moving. So we had a cute little loveseat for these past 4 months. But that little thing had seen a lot in it's day and it was loosing stuffing. It served us well until we saved up some money to purchase this brand new baby! :D *whispers* It's actually a futon but we don't have the heart to tell it since it thinks it's a couch. *stops whispering* ;)


Isn't it pretty? And isn't my man such a sweety? *smiles* Thank you, honey!!!! I love you!! *blows a kiss*



Well that's it from me right now. I know you're thinking, "Wow! Her first-ever really really short post! *laughs* I've got things to do, places to go, and people to see. So... TTFN! :)

~Melinda

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations, it is a beauty!
    Know you will enjoy many happy moments together on your 'couch'! (Notice I refrained from using the 'f' word!) Oh my, that could really be taken the wrong way!! *smiles*
    Many blessing and much love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really exciting being able to buy your first piece of furniture together. We had many hand-me-downs when we were first married too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mama, thank you! And by the way, you're hilarious! And I'm sure the couch appreciates it. ;D I think this couch will serve us for many years and we'll have lots of good times. Love ya too!

    Second Mom, it really is! Hand-me-downs can be really nice sometimes. But then again, like you said, it's so fun and exciting to get something completely brand new. :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there! You have such a cute little blog here. It gives me hope to see such a young couple married and in love....hope that my own children will follow suit. My daughter follows your blog and Im glad she does. You seem like a sweet young lady. How old are yall? My husband and I married when we were just 18....that was 22 years ago.

    CM
    (posting under my daughters username)

    ReplyDelete
  5. CM,
    Sorry it's taken me so long to respond, ma'am! Thank you for your very kind words. I feel so honored and blessed that you would be glad your daughter reads my blog. The purpose of this blog is for my family to be able to keep up on my married life and so I can help other young ladies around my age, see that life isn't all about making "something" of yourself in this world. It's just about glorifying God and doing what He's called you to do with a happy heart. :)

    My husband and I are 18 and 21. I love hearing stories about young people just knowing they are right for each other and getting married even when the "world" says they're too young. :D Congratulations on 22 years! That's wonderful!

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete