Thursday, February 16, 2012

Valentines Day 2012

With it being our first-ever Valentines Day together you'd think the pressure would be on to make it super special. But think again! We had a very relaxed evening once Justin got home. With that said though, my husband certainly made sure it was a lovely day for us both.

He bought me some Fannie May chocolate! I don't think I've ever had these delicious little pieces of goodness. But now I am addicted... they are just that good.


He also handmade this picture frame and "letter holder". He says he still needs to stain them and sand them a little more. But I think they look great already, I cannot wait to see once he's all the way done. :) In the "letter holder" he had a beautifully written love-letter for me. I read it with tears in my eyes... *happy sigh* Such a sweet guy!


While Justin was at work he had no idea that I had all these decorations for the house. Once he was out the door I started to busily decorate.


You can never have enough hearts around the house on Valentines Day. *nods*


I love streamers! They are so simple to put up and yet they make the place look so different and festive.


The table!


What the kitchen looked like once I was done.


The card I gave to my Man.


I had a whole day to plan out a "treasure hunt" for him once he got home. Here he is reading one of the many clues I made for the game. :) It was so fun to watch him try to figure out the riddles I had on each clue.


This was his prize in the end. I made tons of these little sugar cookies with homemade pink icing. He said they tasted good so *shrugs* I guess it was a hit.


Dinner consisted of Rib-eye steaks, mashed potatos, a salad, and cookies with Fannie May chocolate for dessert.


What would Valentines Day be without a candlelit dinner?


Thus ends your peek into our first-ever Valentines Day together. I am very much looking forward to next years! Justin is certainly a very romantic guy and God blessed me richly when He gave Justin to me forever and always. *love*

Oh and yesterday, aside from spending a lovely day out with my sister-in-laws, Justin and I celebrated our 4 month anniversary. I cannot believe it's already been 4 months since I marries this man! But on the other hand it feels like we've been married sooo much longer than that. *smiles* We grow more and more in love with each other every day. I cannot wait to see what we look like in 4 more months, or years! :D

I hope everyone has had a lovely week and I'll be back later with more from the New Young Ryken Family.

Adios!
~Melinda

3 comments:

  1. Fannie Mae Meltaways are the absolute best chocolates in the world and they aren't even dark chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a very sweet Valentine's day!!!


    KELSEY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like my brother did good! ;)
    So glad that you guys had such a nice Valentines day, thanks for sharing pictures! :) <3
    ~Jesi

    ReplyDelete