Sunday, November 6, 2011

Guinea Pigs!!

We have added two new little additions to the family! :D Please welcome Java Chip Mocha (left) and Caramel Frappuccino (right)


And the staring contest starts... now!

Find the Guinea Pig!

Caramel is definitely the leader of the two. He is open to trying new things and exploring while he is out of his cage.

Whereas Mocha is a little more of a chicken... He will only go into new places if he is following Caramel. But Mocha is the sweeter of the two, go figure. :)


In the end though, they are both really gentle and sweet and also inseparable. If one is out of the cage the other will run around squeaking until he gets to come out too. They really hate to be left alone which I think is sweet. :)   

When Justin and I were growing up we always wanted a Guinea Pig but never got one. Now the Lord has blessed us with these two adorable 6 month old guys and we get to enjoy them together which is pretty neat. Guinea Pigs are really easy to take care of and require very little work. You could leave them all day long and they would be absolutely fine. Which is one reason we were so comfortable getting them! Plus I love to have little guys to talk to while Justin is at work. It makes this place not feel so completely lonely without my Husband. I am so glad that we were blessed with these two boys! :)

Thanks for reading! May God bless you with a beautiful start to your week!
Until next time! 

3 comments:

  1. You should get a bird. :) I'm serious. There's nothing more fun than having a little someone sit on your shoulder, or watch you from their cage while you work in the kitchen.
    Cockatiels are one of the sweetest, and they stay tame. Mine was the nicest bird I ever had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit, I laughed when I saw the title of this post. I mean, really... I doubt most girls would have "get guinea pigs" on their top-priority-after-marriage list. :-)
    I hope you enjoy your new friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Josiah, I actually thought about getting a bird when you told me about it the first time. I think a bird would be a lovely companion. :) But these little guys practically fell into my lap so I figured since Justin and I had always wanted one while growing up why not get them? Maybe a bird will be next on the list. ;)

    Kathryn- Well, Justin and I both knew since I'm such a social person I'd need something to talk to and keep me company while he's gone. And since the landlords won't let us have a dog, we got these cutie pies. :)
    Aw thanks! I most certainly am enjoying them! :) <3 <3

    ReplyDelete