Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Cooking for 14 to only cooking for 2... wow!

As most of you know, I come from a big family... well to some it may seem huge. lol So all my ideas of cooking, baking, and feeding people have come from me and my sisters fixing food for 10-16 people to eat! Now that I am happily married I only have to cook for 2 people. *mouth drops* It just seems too easy! I only have to get two plates out of the cabinet, only two glasses, and only two forks! It's definitely been a change but I LOVE it! I mean think about it, less dishes! ;) Plus I feel like each meal I make for my husband is a labor of love and it makes him happy to walk in the door and know I have dinner waiting. *smiles* There isn't a better more accomplished feeling than that in my opinion. I think the hardest part is actually finding yummy recipes that are good for just two people without a huge amount of leftovers. lol I guess I just need to try out some new things and find my 'nitch' in cooking. :) For the past couple of nights I've made some different style meals. From a sort of spaghetti, garlic bread, to a rice casserole dish, salads, homemade mac 'n cheese, to just plan old pizza, it's been fun cooking in my own kitchen and using my own stuff. :) 


Not to mention getting to use our own special dinner plates! *grins* Justin has been sick this past weekend which means he wasn't very hungry, so I haven't been making anything too extravagant. But it's still been lots of fun. :) 


I took this picture a couple days ago and thought it was pretty neat looking so I wanted to share it with y'all. :)  

Hope all of y'all have a fabulous week with many blessings from our Lord and Savior. 

Until next time!

6 comments:

  1. http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes_menus/collections/healthy_cooking_two_recipes has some really yummy recipes for two people, along with other links.

    ReplyDelete
  2. allrecipes.com and food.com are good recipe sites and they have a handy little box that lets you input how many servings you want and then decreases or increases the recipes for you. :D
    Congrats on your wedding!
    Oh and I'm a fb friend of Justins not just a random person that happened by your blog. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both so much! Those are both very helpful. I will be sure to use them the next time I make dinner cause they will work great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Melinda!

    Just found your blog and I'm so glad you started it! I look forward to keeping up with you by reading it!

    Love-
    Tara

    P.S. The photos on your side bar are soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heya Tara! Thanks for stopping by! I'm so glad you found it and I can share my little world with you. :) Aww thanks! I really love those pictures but I guess that's sorta obvious. lol :)

    Love you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, how fun! That's some of what I'm really looking forward to when I start my own home- making my husband dinner, having my own kitchen, etc. etc. :) So sweet! :)

    And, I love that picture at the end! :)

    ReplyDelete