Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The first of many "firsts"...

Now that I am married I have had lots of what I like to call "firsts". Sorta like the first time I've ever done something. So the one on the top of my list right now is having to cut my husbands hair. Now before I got married I was normally the one who cut my Daddy's hair... *whispers* unless I could get Mama to do it. *stops whispering* So cutting Justin's hair shouldn't be that hard, right? Well... long story short- I was terrified of making him look funny, he was getting nervous cause I was, and in the end it turned out great! *laughs* Who knew, right? Now that I have cut his hair once I think the next time will be much easier. Hopefully. ;)

The clippers who did the deed...

The mass of hair that I cut off my husband's head. Let's just say he hadn't had a haircut since before the wedding. O:-)


This came in the mail last week and changed my life... not in the way you'd think. lol It changed my life as in;I lose my husband every time this dragon shows his face. But what has gone unnoticed is when my husband isn't home, the dragon gets read by the other person who lives here. *looks around* And it's totally not me... ;)


This picture is purely for my own enjoyment. I really like Justin's work hoodies and this last time he got two from his boss so I asked for one. Now I am the proud owner of a hoodie that has shrunk and can still fit three of me inside it. *laughs* I love it!

You never know how much you'll miss something as simple/lovely as a piano until you don't have one. Then you start to have withdrawals from it... *sniffs* I've missed playing this beautiful thing, so the last time I was at my parents house I spent a little while pounding out some tunes on it. I can honestly say that I feel better now. *nods*

And that's all for now folks! Today is a busy day and I need to make sure everything is ready for this evening. :)

Until next time, stay warm and think of all the amazing things you have to be thankful for!
Adios!
~M

8 comments:

  1. Melinda! We want to see pictures of your house!

    Thomas and Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. And your favorite wedding pictures!

    Thomas and Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is the background of your blog a picture of Virginia?

    Thomas and Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Virginia. We are going there next year.

    Lindsey and Thomas

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like Florida too (that was Lindsey).

    Thomas and Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thomas and Lindsey are home and bored. Can you tell?

    Thomas and Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tara will never know what it is like to miss having a piano in her home. If a guy who wants to marry her can't buy her a piano, she'll send him packing. :-)
    I finally got my post up of your wedding pictures, if you haven't seen it already!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thomas & Lindsey and Lindsey & Thomas, y'all crack me up! :D I will have to get new pictures of my house now that we have it all fixed up and pretty. Maybe that will be my next blog post just for the two of y'all. ;)
    The background pictures are actually from Tennessee where Justin and I were for our honeymoon. Aren't the mountains beautiful? I love them.
    Awww, y'all get to go to my all-time favorite state! Being born and raised in VA makes me love it and miss it. Say 'hello' when y'all go, for me! And hey, feel free to write on my blog whenever you're bored, it was nice to hear from you both. :)

    Kathryn, tell Tara that's a good stipulation to have. Haha :D Actually that piano is mine. But I can't have it in this apartment so it's staying at my parents for the time being. Once Justin and I get a house then it will be all mine again. *excited* I cannot wait for that! <3

    ReplyDelete