Monday, April 16, 2012

The story of my hair...

My whole entire life I have gotten comments about my hair, "You have such pretty hair", or "is it naturally curly?", or "Do you like your curly hair?" My answer as a child was, "I hate it and I've always wanted straight hair like all the other girls". My answer now is, "I love my curly hair and I feel very blessed to have it. But every once in awhile it is nice to change things up a bit." Lots of people have seen me with my curly hair and lots of people have seen me with my straight hair. But There are only very very few people who have seen me in the "in between" stage. To get my hair straight I have to brush out all my curls which then leads to this...

...extremely-poofy-hair-with-no-chance-of-ever-being-styled-into-something-pretty. It's just huge and none attractive on me. It makes my face look tiny. lol But then I take a flatiron to my hair and work for about 30 minutes and this is my reward.

Doesn't that look sooo much better? :D I heard some people say that it makes my hair look dryer, lighter, and stringy. But I don't mind in the least! Like I said before, it's nice to change things up every once in awhile. Plus it shows how long my hair really is without the curls. It's amazing how much length I add when it's straight. AND I can brush it whenever I want which is something you can never do with curly hair! :D

This is my hair after accessorizing...

And thus ends the post about my hair. You can now start the comments about how vain I am to dedicate a whole post to my hair. *laughs* I don't mind though cause it was fun for me.
But for those of you select few who actually enjoyed my pictures, I thank you. :)

Next up: a post about my AMAZING 6 month anniversary dinner with the love of my life!!

Until then!
~Melinda

3 comments:

  1. I love your hair both ways, Melinda! I've always wished I had naturally curly hair, so I love sleeping in sponge rollers to acquire that outcome in the morning (because my hair is so long and thick it takes FOREVER to use a curling iron). Anyway, your hair is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thank you, Rachel! :) My sisters also use the sponge curler things and they love them. They make for a much more natural curl than using a curling iron. Although from pictures I've seen of you, I think your hair is absolutely beautiful however you do it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're sweet, Melinda, thank you! I like to experiment with my hair and try all sorts of different hairstyles. I love finding hair tutorials. =)

      Delete