Friday, March 22, 2013

Melissa's Party!

As many of you may already know, I'm getting a new sister-in-love in about a month. I'm SO excited and cannot wait till the wedding! But we couldn't send Melissa off into the stage of "old married woman" without throwing her a girls only party! It was decided to have it at my house since it's normally just me during the day. When asked to host the party I told myself right then and there, "Self, this is going to be the BEST party you've ever thrown!" And I made sure of it. *nods* A week before the party was scheduled I went out in search of the best decorations. I wanted to transform my house into something fun and hip. While at Hobby Lobby (one of my favorite stores!) I came across all of these wonderful things! 

Paper lanterns! I love those things!


I found those adorable cups, a flip flop plate, a palm tree center piece, a net for the table, flowers for every one's hair, and lei's for everyone to wear.  


Here I am sporting my crazy outfit along with the lei and flower.


Jessica made the comment that it would be fun to have a dancing game to fill the afternoon with. So the sweet future husband of Melissa went out and rented us a dancing game for the Wii. He even drove the 45 mins to my house to drop it off just for our party. Thanks, Garrison! 

Here we are trying to figure out how to work the game... imagine 3 girls who don't have much of a clue how to work a Wii doing this... Note the confuzzled looks on our faces. 


While us three girls were being brave/goofballs and dancing together to the game. The other 3 ladies at the party took some hilarious pictures of us so we'll never forget how silly we looked. 






It sure was fun to dance though! After dancing and talking we watched a movie called "Bride Wars" together. We laughed, ate snacks, and went "aww" together throughout the whole thing. Then afterwards I made sure we got a group picture of everyone who made Melissa's party special. 

Jesi, Jess, Mel, Lily
Laura and I.




After some smiling and serious ones we took a couple goofy shots as well... I mean, what party is complete without a goofy shot of everyone?


I love all these wonderful girls! 


Jessica and Melissa, sisters and the best of friends forever.


My sweet, gorgeous, amazing soon-to-be sister! I love her so much! But not only because she's soooo easy to love and hang out with, but because she makes my big brother the happiest he's ever been or ever will be. They are perfect for each other which makes me happy.


The ever so lovely Jesi and Melissa! It was only after I was done editing this picture that I realized they are both my sisters-in-love. *laughs* Pretty neat, huh?


Laura!!! What can I say about this amazing girl, besides the fact that she is hilarious, sweet, has a fabulous sense of humor, and is SO fun to be around. I'm glad she moved all the way from TN to marry Sam, it's so nice to have another married woman my age.


Snacking and talking before some of the girls had to go home. 


It was a lovely party and worth every penny to be able to spend the afternoon with such a amazing sisters in Christ. I think Melissa had a blast, along with the rest of us and I cannot wait to do it again some time really soon!!! 

---------------------

Pip was kept in a back room most of the day. He was ever so sweet and didn't make a sound the entire time the girls were here. After most of the girls left he was let out and boy was he happy to be loose in the house. I decided to make him a little more festive since he felt left out most of the day...


What a cutie pie! Please excuse the fact that he sorta looks like a girl... *laughs* We just call him a prissy little guy, which he is. :)

Until next time!!!
~Meli

No comments:

Post a Comment